Monday, September 14, 2015

Do I Detect a Theme?

Of course I do!  By that, I mean "theme" as in "theme music".

I've recently been watching/listening a music channel on television, called "Easy Listening"; it's basically a collection of mellow instrumentals, but the really weird thing is that, despite being in the US, it plays mostly British music!  What makes it even better is that I am so familiar with both the artists and the tunes.  Here are some examples of what I have been hearing...

I mentioned "a theme", and here is Sleepy Shores by Johnny Pearson.  One of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard, this was also the theme to the 1970's British series, Owen M.D., starring Nigel Stock.




Now for Norrie Paramor's recording of the theme from Summer of '42...




We finish with something a little bolder.  Here is Geoff Love's take on the theme from the classic film, Lawrence of Arabia.




No comments:

Post a Comment